Frequently Asked Questions

1.  How will my pension be paid?

Your pension will normally be paid directly into your bank account on the last working day of each month. 

2.  I have not received a pension payslip this month?

A payslip will only be sent in March each year.  Following that, a payslip will only be issued where there is a difference of more than £5.00 when compared to your previous month’s pension.

3.  Why have I paid so much tax?

The Gwynedd Pension Fund deduct tax in accordance with a tax code issued by the tax office.  If you have a tax related query, please contact the tax office on 0300 200 3300, quoting the reference number 914 / B11081

4.  What happens if I decide to live overseas?

If you decide to move from the UK you must inform the Gwynedd Pension Fund of your new address in writing.  You will then have the option of having your pension paid into an account retained in the UK or into an overseas bank account (through Western Union). 

5.  How can I contact the Gwynedd Pension Fund?

Please visit the Contact us section of this website for full details of how you can contact the Gwynedd Pension Fund.

6.  Can the pension section advise on any pension issues?

The Gwynedd Pension Fund cannot legally give financial advise on any pension issues under the Financial Services Act 1986, but we are available to assist with any queries you may have.  Please contact us if we can be of any assistance. 

7.  Do you deal with the State Pension?

The Gwynedd Pension Fund do not deal with any issues relating to the State Pension.  For any queries you have, contact the Pension Service on 0800 731 0469 or visit their website

8.  My partner and I are living together, will my partner be entitled to any benefits? 

1st April 2008 saw the introduction of survivor benefits for cohabiting partners of either opposite or same sex.

As a pensioner, you must have retired having been contributing into the LGPS on or after 1st April 2008 to be eligible for survivor’s benefit for your partner. 

In addition, you must  be able to confirm that for a continuous period of at least 2 years prior to the date of declaration that all of the following criteria have applied:

  • You have been free to marry or enter into a civil partnership.
  • You have been living together as if you were husband and wife or registered civil partners.
  • Neither of you have been living with someone else as if you were husband and wife or civil partners.
  • You are financially interdependent on each other, or your partner has been financially dependent on you.

If you can satisfy all the above criteria and wish to nominate a cohabiting partner, please contact us so we can send you a form.